- travel pack for globetrotters
- main and base compartments, 7 additional pockets and compartments
- dirty laundry compartment in base
- detachable lid pocket with carry strap
- front access to main compartment
- stowaway back system
- 2 carry handles on the front
- additional detachable compression straps
- 85 litres capacity
If you spend months travelling from place to place, the robust HOBO KING 85 PACK keeps everything that you might need while working and travelling well organised and securely stowed.
Tickets, snacks and other little items can be kept handy in the front and side pockets, while the main compartment and base compartment provide plenty of room for your clothing and sleeping bag. Clean clothes and dirty washing are easy to keep apart thanks to the practical sub-divided inner compartment.
Whether you’re trekking through the mountains of New Zealand or walking to the station, the X-TRANSITION back system lets you carry your kit in comfort, and was designed specifically for heavy loads. You can keep your water bottle handy in the special fold-out pouch on the waist belt. At the airport, stow the shoulder straps and waist belt behind the protective cover to avoid damage in transit. And after landing, just grab your HOBO KING 85 PACK by the carry handles and haul it off the baggage carousel.
Detachable compression straps give you the option of attaching your camping mat or compressing the contents if the pack is not full. If you want to leave your pack in the hostel while you go out and explore the city, you can use the detachable lid compartment as a shoulder bag. The world map inside the pack lets you compile your own personal bucket list while you’re waiting for your connection. Where will you go next?
The HOBO KING 85 PACK is the largest backpack in our THE FRONTIER series. Like all the products in the series, it is inspired by the hobo lifestyle. These North American itinerant workers travelled across the country – often on freight trains – scraping a living from casual jobs. Their luggage had to be tough and was often cleverly designed and customised to suit these travellers’ needs. We have incorporated these ideas into the bags and packs in the series. And here’s an interesting fact: the HOBO KING is crowned every year in the state of Iowa. See you there, maybe?
- Measurements: 94 x 42 x 36 cm
- Backlength: M - XL (46-62 cm)
- Weight: 3325g
- Capacity: 85 Lit.
- X-TRANSITION: comfortable, lightweight and flexible back system with X-shaped aluminium frame for optimised distribution of heavy loads
- occipital cavity
- sternum strap with signal whistle
- back system cover
- main compartment with roll-top closure, base compartment with separate dirty laundry compartment, front pocket, 2 zipped side pockets (one with ORGANIZER function), 2 side pouches, detachable lid compartment (doubles as shoulder bag)
- dual access to main compartment (via front and top)
- ORGANIZER: small pockets and pouches for small items, key clip
- 2 sturdy carry handles on the front
- fold-out bottle holster on waist belt
- multi-purpose compression/lashing straps
- equipped for hydration system
- bucket list and world map for travel inspiration
- ROCKTECH 1200D: very robust, abrasion resistant, cotton-like fabric (water column rating: 2000 mm)
- name card